US federal authorities said an alleged terror plot involving several locations in the Los Angeles area has been thwarted. A man, army veteran Mark Domingo, 26, was arrested by federal agents on Friday in connection with the suspected strike in Southern California.
Domingo — who served in Afghanistan — allegedly planned to bomb a white supremacist rally on Sunday as retribution for the New Zealand mosque attacks. He was arrested on a charge of providing material support to terrorists and a criminal complaint said he had been planning since March to “manufacture and use a weapon of mass destruction in order to commit mass murder.”
Editorial credit: chrisdorney / Shutterstock.com